Here teams can find all the tips and tools you need to help raise vital funds for Cancer Research UK.
Your Relay For Life event is the celebration of all your fundraising throughout the year. There are plenty of ways to fundraise in the lead up to your Relay. Here are some of our top fundraising ideas…
- Everyone loves a baked treat! Hold a bake sale during a coffee or tea break
- Request a Relay For Life sweepstake through your committee
- Organise a dress-down day and ask everyone to donate £2 to take part
- Ask your employer about match-giving. Lots of companies have this scheme and it could double the money you raise.
With your team
- The £1 challenge! Each team member gets £1 and has 30 days to turn it into as much as possible
- Relay swim. From a mile to the English channel, choose your distance and get sponsored to collectively swim the distance in your local swimming pool
- Offer carwashes in your local neighbourhood in exchange for donations
- Gather up all your unwanted items and plan in some car boot sales
In the community
- Host a Great British street party to raise money and awareness of Relay For Life
- Quiz nights. Race nights. Bingo. Duck races…the list is endless!
- Ask a local supermarket if you can do a collection. Your committee will be able to help you get Cancer Research UK collection goblets contact committee here
On the day
Boost your fundraising during your Relay event and provide visitors with lots of fun and opportunities to donate.
- Penalty shoot-out
- Cake sales
- Guess how many sweets in a jar/weight of a cake/name of the teddy
- Get creative and have fun
- Include the Relay For Life logo when advertising your events logo and other resources can be found here
- Use your Participant zone to fundraise online, sharing updates on social media at relay.cancerresearchuk.org
- Use Rory and Rosie, the Relay Lion mascot costumes, at your events to catch people’s attention contact committee here